How to Apply to be an Au Pair
When you apply to the Au Pair program, you’ll be taking the first step towards having a rewarding year caring for children, improving your English and making new friends !
To start the process please follow the following steps:
1- Complete the online application form to register as Au pair as follows;
- To complete the online form and work as au pair in Canada follow this link or click on the buttonhttp://aupaircanada.net/register-to-work-in-canada/
- To complete the online form and work as au pair in Australia follow this link or click on the button http://aupaircanada.net/free-registration/
As soon as we receive your application we will look for a suitable family for you. As soon as one of our families is interested in you, you will send you the family’s profile and photos to arrange an Skype interview between you and the family.
Au Pair Qualifications
In order to qualify for the Au Pair program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 29 years old, single and with no children
- Be able to communicate in English
- Have previous childcare experience** of at least 80 hours non-family practical childcare experience gained within the last 3 years
- Have no criminal record
- Your health condition must be good and allow you to work with children.
- Have a full driving license
- You should be able to aid the family with ordinary domestic work, to participate in family life and to respect the family rules.
- Want to spend 6 months living with a Canadian or Australian family
** Childcare experience is divided into two sections: au pairs with significant experience with children under the age of two. Experience can be defined as babysitting neighbours or family members or in a school setting. You may volunteer or intern at a day care, nursery school, or kindergarten setting to get the needed hours of experience.
As part of our application process, you’ll also be interviewed by an Elite Au pairs Canada representative. You’ll also be asked to provide the following background information including:
- One childcare reference from your former childcare employers
- Medical form completed by your physician
- Criminal background check
Your local Au Pair representative is available to support you during the entire application process if you have any questions on how to apply. You’ll also have access to helpful information about your program. Once your application is accepted by Elite Au pairs Canada, your application will become available to interested families. French candidates may register with our partner Fille Au pair Australie, TÉL. : 01 84 88 80 45 – 105 Route Pommiers UBIDOCA Center, 13819 St Martin Bellevue 74370 FILLIERE. France